Thursday, February 24, 2011

Peetz's Pizza Party with Piezano's

The thought of Spring is once again just a glimmer of hope as I sit here, stranded at home in another glorious winter advisory.

It was only a week ago when my sister and I were jogging outside in the fresh air, wearing t-shirts and shorts, and just yesterday, I ditched my parka for a light sweater as the sun crawled out from behind the clouds.

(Sigh) It didn’t take long for me to reach right back for my parka, but I refuse to let the winter blues get me down. I have had a great amount of experience in dealing with the setbacks of Nebraska’s spontaneous weather, so I wasn’t discouraged when I got snowed into this ‘dinner dilemma’…

It was dinnertime already, where had the day gone? My cupboards and refrigerator are bare. My car has turned into a snowball. I realize it will take me at least 30 minutes to drive anywhere, and my stomach is desperately growling. I have no choice but to reach for the phonebook.

My sister suggests Valentinos and Pizza Hut. Although pizza sounds delicious, I am not sure either will do the trick. I don’t consider myself picky but I love trying new places. After researching the web, gathering a few recommendations from some friends, I had made my final decision to try Piezano's. I was familiar with their name, but had never actually tried them. Located on 2740 South Street, they offer dine-in, delivery and carry out for pizza, pasta, specialty items, sandwiches, salads & calzones and beverages.

In addition to great recommendations and reviews, I thought their menu sounded delicious and I was delighted that they deliver! I ordered two pizzas for myself and a few friends- one was half hamburger and half pepperoni, and the other was the specialty Chicken Tuscany.

I was pleased that it took them less than 30 minutes to deliver the pizzas right to my door, and their service was prompt and friendly! I dove into the pizzas for the final test. The Chicken Tuscany was by far my favorite, decked with Italian Seasoned Chicken, chunks of cream cheese, tomatoes, onions, green peppers and mushrooms (which I traded in for the green olives). I am always a big fan of lots of vegetables, and with the cream cheese and seasoned chicken, it created a perfectly balanced flavor combination.
Piezano's pizza is prepared on a medium crust, unless requested on a Sicilian thick style or Neapolitan thin style crust. While I thought the hamburger and pepperoni pizza lacked pizza sauce, I felt a scarce amount of sauce worked well for the Chicken Tuscany. It didn't take much to fill me up with a hearty crust and generous amount of vegetables- just the way I like my pizza! I can't wait to pay a visit to their South Street location to try different crusts, toppings and specialty dishes. Although, I might have to wait for my car to thaw first.
All in all, it was a delicious experience and triumphant conclusion to an unexpected winter day. Thank you Piezano's. With an 87% liking on urbanspoon, you just got my vote too.

No comments:

Post a Comment